My main area of interest appears to be green models from the Allied WWII European Theatre - 1944-45.
I go astray a few times, but usually go back there.
I am not a master modeler and I am not showing off, just using this as a venue to express myself and show people who are interested in this kind of stuff what I have done.

Saturday 17 August 2013

Update Sherman M4A3 (76mm) Thunderbolt VI - Aug 17/2013

A few minor things to update.
I have added the tow cable and the board across the nose to hold up the Jerry Can and Ration box. I also added pigment with pigment fixer against the lower hulls sides. This stuff drys rock hard and the pigment becomes a permanent part of the model, no mushing or drying up and falling off, even after handling. I will add some pigments to the road wheels as well, and then give it a shot of XF57 Buff overall to blend together. The fixer will allow me to do this. I should have gotten some of that a long time ago.

My Value Gear Sherman Deck accessory is on the way, will add that when it comes (and I paint it).

Some more streaking over the star and Thunderbolt and more storage hanging from the turret.









I also experimented with using Apoxy Sculpt (2 part apoxy putty) to scratch build a recognition panel for the rear, but will have to build a new one when I get my deck piece. OR I can make one out of painted aluminum foil. Will try that too.
This is a fabric panel with the color Cerise, for observation by friendly aircraft. This would have been the WWII version of International Distress Orange. I can make Cerise by mixing Red Blue and White.
This is what it is and where it goes.


Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment