My main area of interest appears to be green models from the Allied WWII European Theatre - 1944-45.
I go astray a few times, but usually go back there.
I am not a master modeler and I am not showing off, just using this as a venue to express myself and show people who are interested in this kind of stuff what I have done.

Monday 8 July 2013

UPDATE - Shermans Shermans Shermans

After a 6 month hiatus of updates I bring you some  - updates.
I had dipped two previous projects back to plastic.
The first was a M4A3 76mm Sherman (Dragon 6325) that did not turn out like a I wanted, so I cleaned it off and primed it a while ago.
This weekend I painted the base coat, using some color modulation techniques with three different colors blended together. This one I am now going to paint as Creighton Abrams Thunderbolt VI, circa Battle of the Bulge. I got a set of Bison decals a year or so ago that has Thunderbolt V, VI and VII. I have a Dragon M4A3E8 that I plan to do as Thunderbolt VII at some other point.


The other tank was an M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo that I built from three different sources. I had another Dragon M4A3 76mm Sherman that I added on the additional armour from the Tamyia M4A3E2 kit, along with a Tank Workshop built up glacis and Turrent. I used a spare 76mm turned aluminum barrel from a Dragon Sherman kit. I don’t plan to model ant particular version, there have been many examples of Cobra King out there, so I won’t bother.
I had painted this one up before, I used Sommerfield matting on the sides, but realized I couldn’t weather it with all that on, so I abandoned that idea and dipped it back to plastic. I had primed that one a while ago was well. Tis weekend, while I was doing the M4A3 76mm, I painted this one in a color modulation scheme similar to the other one.



The third kit I worked on was an M10 Tank Destroyer with duckbills. I finished the build and primed it last week. Even though it is a TD, it uses the hull of a Sherman, so to me technically it is a Sherman J. The built is pretty much out of the box, with some clean up. The interior was complete and painted since my last update, I now have the hull and turret primed.




Thats it for now, will update again in a few or two.
Thanks for looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment