My main area of interest appears to be green models from the Allied WWII European Theatre - 1944-45.
I go astray a few times, but usually go back there.
I am not a master modeler and I am not showing off, just using this as a venue to express myself and show people who are interested in this kind of stuff what I have done.

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Hawker Typhoon 1B Finished!!!!

I finally finished something this year..

This is the Revell Typhoon. I wanted a quick build to get something done, however it took several months, No such thing as a quick build for me, I always take it too far, try to fix too many things, and try to make a simple kit perfect. However, I have the sense of accomplishment that I was looking for :)

This is out of the box, using my standard techniques,

Build
Prime with enamel
Base coat and Camo with Tamiya XF colorx (XF81/XF82/XF83 in this case)
Good coat of Pledge Floorcare Multi Surface Finish (formerly known as Future)
Decals (w/Micro set and Micro Sol - in that order)
Another coat of "Future"
Washes for recessed panel lines and edges
Dullcote
Pictures

Finished product....

Typhoon 1B
198 Sdn - June 1944
Just realized I never got a shot of the invasion strips on the bottom!








No comments:

Post a Comment