My main area of interest appears to be green models from the Allied WWII European Theatre - 1944-45.
I go astray a few times, but usually go back there.
I am not a master modeler and I am not showing off, just using this as a venue to express myself and show people who are interested in this kind of stuff what I have done.

Thursday 22 January 2015

Update - Sherman Jumbo Winter Camo Jan 22, 2015

So calling this one done. This started out as a test to do winter camo. It would have been used in  the winter of 1955 and into early spring of 45. I didn't want to put snow on it, so had to go to the mud of the spring thaw.

The mud was a combo of AK Interactive Dark Mud Wash, and spatter, then dark mud mixed with dark brown pigment in a thin slurry and splatter, then finally add some Plaster of Paris to the slurry to make it thick, and then splatter that.
I added mud and traces of mud on the spots where the crew would have walked to get to the hatches.

Not the best but I actually like the way it turned out.










1 comment: