My main area of interest appears to be green models from the Allied WWII European Theatre - 1944-45.
I go astray a few times, but usually go back there.
I am not a master modeler and I am not showing off, just using this as a venue to express myself and show people who are interested in this kind of stuff what I have done.

Monday 10 October 2011

In Progress - Jagdpanther - Update 3.1

So today I tried the camo free-hand with my trusty Badger 200. A lot better success. Not the tightness I want, and when I do Yellow I know the over-spray will be more noticeable,
But my plan is to use the bllue sticky tack, just beyond the edge, so I only correct the over-spray, and not touch the Red Brown (or Dark Yellow, when it comes) at all. Hopefully it will leave the feather edge I am looking for.

I took the XF-64 Red Brown and added a bit of XF-7 Red (4:1) to lighten it up and make it more Red Brown. Jagdpanthers of this period according to some documentation, did not actually use Red Brown, they stuck with the factory Red Primer, just added the Green and Yellow over that and left the Red Brown areas as is- time saving and material saving, things were getting REALLY desperate in the last few months of the war.

This is what I have so far.




Yellow to come as time permits in the next few days...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Iwata is still available if you want to try it again

    ReplyDelete