My main area of interest appears to be green models from the Allied WWII European Theatre - 1944-45.
I go astray a few times, but usually go back there.
I am not a master modeler and I am not showing off, just using this as a venue to express myself and show people who are interested in this kind of stuff what I have done.

Sunday 10 February 2013

Next - M10 Duckbill - Update 1


And the choice is... 
Not sure why this one is next, but I have had my eye on it for a while. This is one of three M10 kits I got from John O'Reilly, one before he passed and the other two after.

They are Academy's examples - M10 Gun Motor Carriage, British Achillies, and M10 Duckbill. I will build a second one at some time, but not the Achillies, the gun is just too funny looking :) Yes, it is a better gun, but I am building models, not looking for superior firepower.

I had cut out some parts, did some clean up, read the instructions about 20 times, and left it there for a bit. So formally putting the Jagdpanthers to bed, I needed to move on and took this one back out of the box and carried forward this weekend.

I had all the suspension parts cleaned up but I HATE Sherman suspension build. I usually leave it til last. There are not as many parts to the Academy kits as there are with Dragon, but still...

So far it is all "out of the box" building. I have no aftermarket stuff for this kit but I have to make a few scratch mods. The weld seams where the front glacis and where the rear plate meet the hull is horrible, so I cut that off, and scribed a line where the glued-on plates met. I will put some styrene rod in there with some liquid glue and will make my own weld seams.
Progress this weekend - much of the interior and the outer hull basics are done. Spent some time painting and weathering the interior.







More weathering to come..

That's all for now...
Stay tuned.






1 comment: