My main area of interest appears to be green models from the Allied WWII European Theatre - 1944-45.
I go astray a few times, but usually go back there.
I am not a master modeler and I am not showing off, just using this as a venue to express myself and show people who are interested in this kind of stuff what I have done.

Sunday 10 February 2013

What next.. Choices, Choices..


I was hemming and hawing on a lot when the Jagdpanthers were winding down on what would come next.

There is a 72 scale Hasegawa F-4E Thunderbirds that I want to do in early 80's Europe-1 camoflague. I want to make one to look like the one that buzzed me in southern West Germany on REFORGER 81. They are big, they are noisy, they smoke like a son of a bitch, but they look positively malevolent, terrifying, and beautiful.  I have the squadron markings, just need the stencils (might have that from eBay) and the low res USAF roundels (anyone got some hanging around that they don't need?)

I have a Dragon M4A3 Sherman completed, I used to have it painted but had a tragedy testing out mud spatters. I dipped it back to plastic and it now sits with primer on it, ready for new paint. I got some Bison decals with Creighton Abrams Thunderbolt VI. I may do that – soon.

I have another Dragon M4A3 that I converted to an M4A3E2 Jumbo with some Tank Workshop resin parts. I had that painted and put Sommerfield matting on, but it wasn't conducive to weathering. I took the matting off, but had to sand down the sides, it needs to be painted again. I have the new Tasca Jumbo, but that is not assembled.

I looked long and hard at my Bronco M-24 Chaffee as well, but decided that I am going to do a few more kits and learn some more stuff, before I tackle that one.

I gave my Dragon Panther a hard look too, but I think I am Panzer-ed out for now.

So.. choices, choices… I made my choice..

* * * * * * *   RANDOM    * * * * * * *

A pic of my workshop.
A space for building and a space for painting.
Display space, work-in-progress space, book space, stash..


No comments:

Post a Comment