My main area of interest appears to be green models from the Allied WWII European Theatre - 1944-45.
I go astray a few times, but usually go back there.
I am not a master modeler and I am not showing off, just using this as a venue to express myself and show people who are interested in this kind of stuff what I have done.

Monday 28 January 2013

Tamiya Jagdpanther G - New coat of paint - Update 4

I have spent some time over the last two weeks on fading the overall paint job and applying pinwashes.
The chipping is done. I didnt want to over do it. I am going for an example of a late Jagdpanther in the early 1945 western Europe campaign. The vehicle itself is either a G1 or G2, but would not have been out of the factory all that long.
So the fading was started with a couple of filters using Winsor and Newton Yellow Ochre. I wanted to try and lighten the paint job. I did do some modulation with lighter colors on edges and uppper surfaces, but it may have come out too dark overall.
After the filters, I went with the dot filter method, at least twice everywhere, and three times in some spots. I like the effect that came out. No dull coat, the filtering with oils took the sheen off somewhat, but I dont think German AFVs are completely flat coated, but I could be wrong...
Once that was done, I did the pin washes to bring out the small detail.

So that is where it stands now.
Next up is some grimey streaks on verticle slopes, some selective dusting with pigments on the lower portions,  some mud spatters on wheels/Schurzen-front lower hull-rear lower hull, andsome engine oil spatters - in that order I think.

Progress do far



No comments:

Post a Comment