My main area of interest appears to be green models from the Allied WWII European Theatre - 1944-45.
I go astray a few times, but usually go back there.
I am not a master modeler and I am not showing off, just using this as a venue to express myself and show people who are interested in this kind of stuff what I have done.

Saturday 13 August 2011

Past Work 1

Tamiya Mustang III - Dearly love the Mustang, dearly love RAF camo, so best of both worlds. I am primarily an Armor guy, but will "cleanse" every now and then with something like this. This was my first serious attempt to improve my aircraft skills, from base coating to camouflage to decals.

My very first attempt at sludge washing. I learned a few things on this one for the next time..
After decals set and dried - lightly scribe the panels lines where the decals are set to have uniform depth overall for the sludge wash, otherwise the panel lines will not look consistent (or be gone altogether). One friend suggested just a cut in the recess with a knife to avoid ripping the decal.

I will try both techniques next time, Anyone have any advice there?



No comments:

Post a Comment