My main area of interest appears to be green models from the Allied WWII European Theatre - 1944-45.
I go astray a few times, but usually go back there.
I am not a master modeler and I am not showing off, just using this as a venue to express myself and show people who are interested in this kind of stuff what I have done.

Saturday 13 August 2011

Past Work 5

T26E3 Pershing (Tamiya)
This kit jumped off the shelf at me at the local Hobby Shop a few years ago. It was about the time I was reading Steve Zaloga's "Thunderbolt" book which dedicated a chapter to Project Zebra, the introduction of the Pershing in the last months of the European Theatre in WWII as a "production" test.

As always with Tamiya, it was a pleasurable build. I tried some of my post shading techniques for the first time to add a small level of color modulation by going dark on all the edges and high points.

I am nowhere near a master modeler but this was one of my best to date.
These shots were taken today and it is getting a bit dusty. Check last photo for a shot before weathering. Better light - Yeah my photog skills are non existent, bad setting, bad equipment.

OMG I almost forgot this. I entered this one in a show and was sick of always closing the hatches, so I asked my friend Ray Welshman, an accomplished and award winning figure painter to paint a couple of crew for me.

He did a fantastic job, Thanks for that Ray!.







No comments:

Post a Comment